I Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
I interrupt these solemn posts to bring to you a thankfulness break. (I can only take so much self-revelation!)
Here are some things I am thankful for this morning:
- I had an excellent sleep last night. Knocked out!
- We had a young couple for dinner last night. They were delightful — full of energy and a desire to serve the Lord. (And the dinner was pretty amazing if I do say so myself — roasted pork, curried lentils, spinach and baby kale salad and strawberry shortcake!)
- I thank God for excellent food!
- And Tazo Awake tea!!
- And the deer who graze outside my window almost every morning and evening!
- I thank God for my new women’s Bible study that meets in one hour!
- and for putting me in a women’s Bible study!
- I thank God that I was able to get a membership at a gym with two salt water pools!
- and that one of the pools is 93 degrees Fahrenheit!
- and that in a warm salt-water pool I feel no pain!
- and that the gym is giving me a free fitness assessment with a trainer this afternoon!
- I thank God for this gym membership!
- I thank God that it’s fall!
- and that I get to wear jeans and sweaters in fall!
- I love jeans and sweaters!
- I love fall!
- I thank God for this blog: it is a vehicle for me to explore my thoughts, feelings, faith, and life. It brings structure to my day. It connects me to others. It is a blessing.
- I thank God for you for engaging with me through my blog — for reading it, for liking it, for posting comments, for sending me affirming messages, for letting me know that it is a blessing to you, too.
- I thank God for holding us in the palm of His hand — for watching us as we struggle through life, make mistakes, connect with each other, laugh, cry, and even shake our fists at Him.
- I thank God that He continues to draw us closer to Him, raising His palm up to His eyes so that we can see into them, and wonder at the vast mercy and grace He has for us.
- I thank God that His love for us endures forever.
Psalm 118: 21
I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.